IN AN EMERGENCY
Finding Legal Advisers
If you are contacting someone for immigration legal advice and they are not a solicitor, they are required under law to be registered with the OISC (Office of the Immigration Commissioner) the body that monitors and regulates the giving of immigration and asylum advice in the UK.
- SBS: We can recommend advisers for you to contact but there is no guarantee they will be able to take your case on;
- Firms, law centres and advice agencies advertise in local newspapers and Yellow Pages.
- You can call the Law Society on 020 7242 1222 or look at their website for solicitors in your area.
- If you have problems with housing and welfare benefits you can contact Citizens Advice Bureaux.
- We can recommend advisers for you to contact but there is no guarantee they will be able to take your case on.