Our Cookies Statement
What are cookies?
Cookies placed by a website’s owner (in this case, Southall Black Sisters) are called ‘first party cookies’ and cookies placed by other parties are called ‘third party cookies’.
- Verify you are a legitimate visitor and not a spam or malware bot
- Collect information such as user location, browser, browser language, screen resolution and device type to help us to ensure that our website meets the needs of our users
- Improve the performance of the website
- Protect our website’s visitors and user accounts and to protect our website and services generally
- Improve ease of use for visitors
- Keep logged-in users signed in when moving around the website
- Gain a better insight into the demographic make-up of our website visitors
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Third party cookies
- YouTube – powers the videos on our site
Some cookies we use are essential in order for parts of our website to operate. There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our website.
For all non-essential cookies, you have the choice of whether you want us to use them or not.
When you first visit our website, a message will appear informing you of ‘your choice regarding cookies on this site’. You will then be able to confirm that you accept cookies, or select the option to manage your cookie preferences.
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Learn how to do this here.
You may have concerns around cookies related to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about cookies and managing cookies with antispyware software here.